Monday 5 May 2008

SOMETIMES





















Sometimes I beg the silence to rip apart itself
to let me speak to you,shout on you,scream
it could have made me feel better...
I loved you, damn hell, I loved you;but its not that

Its ofcourse not an obligation for you to love me
but you knew me, you knew me well
We had spent quite some time together
shared some moments intimate to me
which now you dont just remember
Once I saw that expression in your eyes
which for me is beyond any verdict
as undifferentiable as life and and an endless dream
A desire it was in your unforgettable eyes
wanting me to hold you, hug you, possess you
You felt unafraid of anything and everything.

I didn't speak my emotions
but they didn't go unexpressed
for you acknowledged my acceptance of your admittance
with your cursory look down my soul.
Now that you have falllen in love with someone
I dont say its right or wrong
for who am I to say that
if I was never the one you loved.

Its just that you neither had time enough
nor any emotions for my share
5 min, 5 min and it was all over
for those 5 min I was completely soaked in your voice
Yes, the voice was familiar but words unfamiliar
5 min and my dreams, fantasies
all came rolling down the ground
but its not just the dreams that go futile
its my existence, my thoughts; a part of my soul.

Sometimes, I see you in silence and darkness
sitting beside me helping me figure out my existence
But its just that I forgot that you forgot me

Sometimes, I just want that silence to pervade
I want to lose myself, dissolve into its darkness
it brings me a feeling very familiar
and helps me avoid a feeling very familiar.

Sometimes, I sketch my heart on paper
Sometimes, I write what I read not
Sometimes, I express what I speak not
Sometimes, I pray that you will be back
Sometimes, I pray that I will give up this prayer...
Sometimes, my heart begs to cry out
that if it were to happen the way it did
you could have made it easier for me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this is just simply awesome...

i mean this thing everybody somewhere and sometime must have gone through

and what makes it even more touchy and beautiful is the usage of words....

Adwait Khandwal said...

thanks..
its jst a complete expression for me.
d words just came in

Jaskaran said...

you rock dude!!
i feel dwarfed and envy you.

Unknown said...

i just flow with the flow of ur words and sentiment as i read through......................a real gud one..............and seemingly a true one also.................

Unknown said...

that was beautiful...
i have always found it so hard expressing myself,but you seem to do it so effortlessly..
the exact same thing has happened to me, yet i was unable to tell anyone, no one seems to understand my predicament...
it warms me inside to have found a kindred soul.

riddhi said...

hello adwait,
i dont know you but by luck i got to read your poem
and there are no words how to express the felings that occupied my mind after readin it
marvellous...